Civil Services ChronicleEditorial Team
Probable Questions For UPSC Civil Services Interview
Polity and Governance
- What are the possible implications of exclusion of 19 lakh people from the NRC list in Assam?
- India is moving from an era of policy paralysis to policy logjam. What are your views on this?
- Do you think Legislative Impact Assessment will have a positive impact in law-making?
- Can Reservation for women be a way to strengthen parliamentary institutions?
- What is the implication of abrogating Article 370 and instead of having two UTs? Can all-India services provide stability and growth to the region?
- Do you think bringing the office of CJI under RTI will hamper transparency in functioning of Judiciary?
- Define a balance between online privacy and fake news.
- Tell us about the convergence between constitutional amendments and subsequent transformation of India.
- Do you think present system of appointment of Election Commission is right? Should we replace it with the collegium system?
- How has GST impacted Centre-State Relations?
- The upper house has completed 250 sessions since independence however its efficiency has declined. What are the various measures required?
- Devise a balance between Right to Protest versus Disrupting Public life.
- What do you know about NPR? Do you think it will be a viable option for country’s security?
- The regulatory mechanism for data collection in India is in bad health. Recently the government has introduced National Statistical Commission Bill. Do you think it is a right step?
- Do you think UN is losing its significance today? It is also in news these days for the financial crunch it is witnessing. How should we reform it?
- What are the functions of UN?
- How is UN helping in Human Rights and Peace-keeping? What are India’s contributions in this regard?
- In the current West Asian mess what should be India’s Stand?
- What is the approach of India towards Afghan? Do you think we need to change the approach?
- Briefly state whether NAM is relevant to India in conducting its foreign affairs.
- Explain the reasons behind India’s stand on RCEP? Was it a right thing to do? What is the way forward?
- As per IMF paper “Is South Asia ready to take-off”, South Asia is moving towards becoming center of global growth and could contribute about one-third of the world’s growth by 2040. What do you think should be the role played by India?
- Tell us something about Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative? Do you think it will be viable option for India to float its interests in South Asia and neighboring islands?
- Is BRICS a viable platform for furthering India’s interests or is it mainly a China-dominated platform?
- India is having 2+2 Dialogue with various countries like Japan, USA etc. What is its efficacy?
- Tell us the main reason for Hong Kong Protests. Do you think democracy is the answer to all the evils in the society?
- How important is the principle of reciprocity in trade deals?
- What is One Country-Two Systems Formula of China? What is India’s stand on it?
- The recent escalation of tensions in US-Iran relations has led to bonfire in their relations. What should India do?
- Is WTO losing its significance these days?
- Suggest some measures to make India malnutrition free by 2022.
- What are the various challenges faced by higher education system in India? Do you think UGC’s new mandate is the way forward?
- India is witnessing a slowdown in economy since past few quarters. What measures do you think should be the top priority of the government in this scenario?
- The government has recently launched National E-Assessment Center for Income tax department. Briefly tell the benefits and challenges associated with it.
- Suggest some important GST reforms.
- How can Telecom sector be revived?
- What are the problems faced by real estate sector?
- India has Third largest startup ecosystem network in the world. Trace its evolution.
- Whether FTA is a boon or bane for dairy industry?
- Do you think bringing NBFC under IBC will solve the crisis in the sector?
- How can strategic disinvestment of PSUs help solve the economic crisis?
- RBI recently conducted “Operation twist”. Explain what it is.
Science and Technology
- What are the ethical issues in gene-editing?
- Should India spend huge sums of money in manned Mission instead of dealing with social problems in the country?
- India never had a Woman Scientist at the helm of ISRO. What should we do to encourage women scientists?
Environment and Ecology
- Briefly explain why humanity should focus on eliminating single-use plastic. Also, suggest the various alternatives to single-use plastic.
- How should India prepare itself for Urban disasters like fires, urban floods etc?
- Is odd-even scheme a viable option to contain pollution in Delhi?
- What are the various drinking water challenges faced by the country?
- India continues to have weak fire safety measures which are taking lives. What are the changes required?
- Do you think it will be a viable option to implement No Parking, No Car norm of NGT?
- Do you think Jal Jeevan Mission is a viable mission to obtain water security? Also, Discuss the National Water Policy.
- What are the various challenges faced by India in adoption of Electric Vehicles?
- The world is on the brink of Climate Emergency. How should India prepare itself for this?
Defense and Security Issues
- Considering the present claims that there has been inaction on the part of police in managing the protests, suggest reforms required in policing and also, SMART policing.
- What do you think security is a status symbol or is really required for protection?
- Recently the government appointed Chief of Defence Staff. What are your views on that?
- What is the relevance of Gandhian principles in present times? Also, state some of the principles that can be applied in order to resolve present-day crisis faced by the humanity.
- You are trained as a Doctor/ Engineer/Lawyer etc. How would you use your expertise as a generalist civil servant?
- Questions on your hobbies.
- Questions on Work-experience.