Current Affairs - State In News
U.P. Govt. to Develop Kannauj as Perfume Tourism Destination
In order to give impetus to the perfume industry, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to develop Kannauj as a perfume tourism destination.
- It will also hold an international perfume fair in Kannauj in December.
UP to develop India’s First Education Township
Uttar Pradesh government is planning to build an education township in the state.
- It will provide high-quality education to the youth and equip them with a variety of professional skills in a single place.
Chhattisgarh to set up 300 Rural Industrial Parks
To strengthen the rural economy and make the “gauthan” (cattle shed) a centre of livelihood, the Chhattisgarh government will set up ‘gramin aajeevika parks’, to be known as ‘rural industrial parks’ in the state.
- In the first year of the project, there will be 300 such parks.
Lucknow Zoo to be shifted to Kukrail
The century-old Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden in Lucknow (popularly known as Lucknow Zoo) will now be shifted to Kukrail forest area, about 12 km away from its current location in Narhi.
- The move is aimed at decongesting the overcrowded Narhi area because of the presence of the zoological garden.
Uttarakhand to Roll out Drone in Healthcare 2022
Drones being used commercially to deliver great healthcare to Indians in the rural locations seems to be a possibility now, through a commercial drone corridor.
- Drones being used commercially to deliver great healthcare to Indians in the most rural locations appears to be a possibility now. In the United States’ Redcliffe Labs, a division of Redcliffe Lifetech, has completed its first commercial drone flight in the healthcare sector.
Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana
Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’ (Mitaan stands for a friend), which will be implemented on a pilot basis in 14 municipal corporations including the cities like Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur and Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh.
India’s First State-Owned OTT Platform ‘CSpace’
In a first in the country, Kerala will launch a state-owned over-the-top (OTT) platform, ‘CSpace’, in November 2022, offering film lovers an array of movies, short films and documentaries of their choice.
The government of Kerala is set to launch an Android App ‘Shaili’, aimed at diagnosing and controlling lifestyle diseases among the people in the state of Kerala.
- The app has been set up as part of the population-based screening project launched by the Health Department under the Nava Kerala Karma plan.
Ladli Laxmi Scheme 2.0
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister launched the second phase of the Ladli Laxmi scheme (Ladli Laxmi scheme-2.0).
- The scheme is an innovative initiative to encourage girl children to pursue higher education and make them self-dependent.
Poumai Naga Areas declared ‘Drug Free Zone’
The Poumai tribe has declared that Poumai inhabited areas will be a Drug-Free Zone supporting the State government’s War on Drug campaign.