The Labour ministry has released the new series of wage rate index (WRI) with the base year being 2016.
- The new series of WRI with base 2016=100 will replace the old series with base 1963-65.
- Government periodically revises the base year of WRI for key economic indicators in order to provide a clear picture of economic changes and record the wage pattern of workers.
Several provisions have been incorporated in the Constitution for safeguarding and promoting the interests and rights of the Scheduled Tribes in various spheres so as to enable them to join the national mainstream.
- Article 46 of the Constitution provides that the State shall promote with special care the educational and economic interests of the weaker sections of the society and in particular, of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and shall protect them from social injustice and all forms of exploitation.
On 24 November 2021, the UN General Assembly has adopted a resolution for Graduation of Bangladesh, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic and Nepal from the least developed country category.
- The three countries will graduate from the LDC category after an exceptionally extended preparatory period of five years (the standard period is of three years) to enable them to prepare for graduation.
Constitution Day, also known as National Law Day, is observed annually on 26 November to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- The Constituent Assembly adopted the Constitution of India on 26 November, 1949, and it came into force on 26 January 1950, which is celebrated in the country as Republic Day.
INS Vela, the fourth submarine in the series of six submarines of Project-75, was commissioned on 25 Nov 21.
- The Scorpene Class submarines are being built in India by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai, under collaboration with M/s Naval Group (earlier DCNS), France.
The 89th General Assembly of Interpol was held from 23 – 25 November, at Istanbul, Turkey which meets once a year.
The 90th INTERPOL General Assembly will be held in New Delhi, India in 2022.
Highlights of 89th Meet
Ahmed Nasser Al-Raisi elected as President of Interpol
- Ahmed Nasser al-Raisi, inspector general of the UAE's interior ministry, has been elected as the President of Interpol for a four-year term.
After NFHS-5 in respect of 22 States & UTs covered in Phase-I (released in December, 2020), the Phase II report was released recently for India and 14 States/UTs (clubbed under Phase-II) of the 2019-21 National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5).
- The States and UTs which were surveyed in the Phase-II are Arunachal Pradesh, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, NCT of Delhi, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.