Current News - State In News - Himachal Pradesh
Recently, in alignment with the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020, Himachal Pradesh introduced the 'My School-My Pride' campaign, a part of the 'Apna Vidyalay' program, aimed at revolutionizing the quality of education in government schools.
- Community Participation Encouraged: The campaign encourages people and groups to participate by adopting schools thus contributing towards different aspects of students’ growth and development.
- Holistic Support Approach: Stakeholders are encouraged to offer holistic help, such as career guidance, remedial teaching and examination coaching besides other community support programs.
- Monetary donations to assist in implementing infrastructure development activities, event sponsorships as well scholarships for the needy and also MDM support is encouraged.
- 'Giving Back to Society' Initiative: The community members such as retired teachers, professionals, housewives and others are urged to form the academic support team whereby their knowledge can be used without payment. This team provides ongoing academic support and steps in during teacher scarcity, absences or leaves.
- Engagement of Dignitaries and Officers: Government schools are recommended to dignitaries, members of the parliament as well MLAs and government officers who give suggestions for developments together observe students’ results. Specific schools will be assigned mentors in the form of officers from education departments.
- Online Portal for Transparency: The ‘Apna Vidyalaya’ program will be provided with an online portal by the SSA to ensure transparency, accountability and real-time monitoring of activities.
- Holistic Adolescent Development: SAMVAD, one of the components under this program has centred on educating school going adolescents about moral values; drug awareness; nutrition; legal knowledge and empowerment schemes.
- Positive Transformation: The ‘My School-My Pride’ campaign shows potential for public education system which educates more than 55% of the student population enrolled in government schools within Himachal Pradesh. It is anticipated to contribute positively by improving community participation and mentorship towards educational progress.
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state in the country where 100% households have liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News