CHRONICLE ESSAY COMPETITION, published in the CSC English Magazine is an initiative to give our readers a chance to test their essay writing skills and win a prize money of Rs. 1000/-. Many readers across the country have shown interest and have been participating in the competition for several years now. The best essay gets published in the magazine and on the website every month.
‘Role’ more than ‘Rule’ is important for today's Civil Servant
Last Date for Submission of the Essay: 31st of July, 2021
Mail your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject as "Essay Competition : < Essay Topic >". You can also send your entries by post to Chronicle Publications (P) Ltd, A-27D, Sector 16, Noida –201301 (U.P.)
Consider the following hydrogen production options:
- Blue hydrogen is made from CH4 where CO2 is captured and stored.
- Green Hydrogen is made from renewable energy and no CO2 is emitted.
- Brown Hydrogen is made from coal where CO2 is emitted to the atmosphere.
- Grey hydrogen is made from CH4 and CO2 is captured and liquefied.
Which of the above statements are correct?
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 4 only
2, 3 and 4 only
All are correct
Topic Wise Current Affairs
Parliament Q & A
Question by: Shri Adala Prabhakara Reddy, Dr. Beesetti Venkata Satyavathi, Shri Uday Pratap Singh
- whether the Government intends to bring in a two child policy in the country in order to control rising population and if so, the details thereof;
- if not, the reasons therefor; and
- the details of other such measures being taken by the Government including bringing in a legislation to control rising population levels?
Question by: Mohanbhai Kalyanji Kundariya, Dipsinh Shankarsinh Rathod, Anil Firojiya
- whether the principle of self-reliant village that formed the basis of strong Indian Economy and its reputation as a golden bird, has been destroyed due to colonialism;
- if so, whether any steps have been taken to rectify/improve this situation;
- whether with the passage of time, the decline in agricultural profit, the dazzling lights of cities, need for modern education and lack of modern amenities have turned villages into were residential centres of Indian housing; and
- if so, whether any corrective steps have been taken by the Government in this regard?
Question by: Bhola Singh, Vinod Kumar Sonkar
- whether the Government has any estimation of the population in the country that is poor and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has evaluated the outcome of different poverty alleviation programmes launched during the last three years and if so, the details and the outcome thereof;
- whether the level of inequality has been rising in the country and if so, the details thereof along with the overall income, wealth and consumption inequality reported/noted during each of the last three years;
- whether there has been imbalance in development of various regions in the country and if so, the details thereof; and
- the other steps being taken by the Government to reduce poverty, inequality and regional disparity in the country?
Question by: P.R. Natarajan
- whether the Government is having any official definition and norms fixed for urban/ rural poverty line across the country;
- if so, the details thereof;
- whether any review has been taken by the Government on the norms and cap for poverty line; and
- if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor?
Question by: Gajanan Chandrakant Kirtikar, Arvind Ganpat Sawant, Dhanush M Kumar, C.N. Annadurai, Gautham Sigamani Pon
- the rules for conducting an agriculture census in the country along with the time when an agriculture census was conducted;
- whether the Government has recently conducted any census to ascertain the number and condition of farmers/cultivators in the country;
- the challenges faced by the Government while conducting such a census;
- whether according to the latest Agriculture Census about 45.70 per cent of the Net Area Sown is irrigated and if so, the steps taken by the Government to overcome this problem?
Winner Of CSC August 2021 Essay Competition
Winner Of CSC June 2021 Essay Competition
Winner Of CSC April 2020 Essay Competition
21 वर्ष सिविल सेवा (मुख्य) परीक्षा का हल प्रश्न पत्र सामान्य अध्ययन (प्रश्नोत्तर रूप में) पेपर I - IV 2021Product Type : Hard Copy Shipment : Free
15 वर्ष यूपीएससी सिविल सेवा (मुख्य) परीक्षा हल प्रश्न पत्र राजनीति विज्ञान एवं अंतर्राष्ट्रीय संबंध (प्रश्नोत्तर रूप में) 2021Product Type : Hard Copy Shipment : Free