Biodiversity & Conservation :
Which of the following statements are correct with respect to Parrot Fish?
- They play a significant role in bio-erosion.
- They are economically important because commercial fishery exists for some of the largerspecies.
- Most parrotfish species are herbivores.
- It is categorized as ‘endangered’ in the Red List of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
Consider the following statements:
- Chinese Pangolin is listed as ‘Endangered’ as per IUCN Red List.
- Indian Pangolin is listed in Schedule 1 of the Wildlife protection Act (WPA) 1972, while Chinese Pangolin is listed in Schedule II of the WPA.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
With reference to a conservation organization called ‘Wetlands International’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- It is an intergovernmental organization formed by the countries which are signatories to Ramsar Convention.
- It is based mostly in Developed World with its headquarter at Montreal, Canada.
Choose the correct statement from the code given below
Recently the Asian Elephant Alliance (AEA) has come together to secure 96 out of the 101 existing corridors used by elephants across 12 states in India. The AEA is an initiative of which of the following?
- Wildlife Trust of India
- World Land Trust
- IUCN Netherland
- Elephant Family
- International Fund for Animal Welfare
Choose the correct answer by using the codes given below:
Consider the following statements vis-à-vis ‘Coral Reefs/Corals’:
- It is a ‘foundational species’ of the aquatic ecosystem.
- They are generally found on the mouth of the river as they don’t need the salinity.
- Coral reefs formation is an example of symbiotic relationship.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below: