Current Affairs :
Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan was sworn in as Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. He took oath for the fourth time as Chief Minister. Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Kamal Nath resigned just before the Supreme Court’s deadline to prove his majority in a trust vote.
Philip W. Anderson
- Philip W. Anderson, was an American physicist (Anderson localization, Anderson Hamiltonian, Anderson orthogonality theorem), Nobel Prize laureate (1977).
- Noted Indian painter, sculptor, muralist and writer of the post-independent era Satish Gujral has passed away.
- He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian award of the Republic of India, in 1999.
- His elder brother, Inder Kumar Gujral, was the Prime Minister of India between 1997 and 1998.
Chandan Singh Rathore
- Retired Air Vice Marshal Chandan Singh Rathore has passed away.
- He was recipient of Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) and contributed during the Sino-India 1962 war and the 1971 Indo-Pak war
- Noted Indian photographer and Padma Shri awardee in 2010, Nemai Ghosh has passed away. He is most known for working with Satyajit Ray.
- Malayalam novelist and short story writer E. Harikumar has passed away.
- He was awarded Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for anthology of short stories titled Dinosarinte Kutty (The Dinosaur's Baby).
- Tony Lewis, one of the men behind the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method used in weather-affected limited overs cricket matches, has died.
- Tony, alongside fellow mathematician Frank Duckworth, devised the Duckworth-Lewis method which was introduced in 1997 and adopted officially by the ICC (International Cricket Council) in 1999.
Pradip Kumar Banerjee
- Former Indian footballer who played as a striker for the Indian national football team has passed away.
- He captained the national team and later on became the coach of the national team.
- He was one of the first recipients of Arjuna Award, when the awards were instituted in 1961. He was awarded the prestigious Padma Shri in 1990 and was named Indian Footballer of the 20th century by IFFHS. In 2004, he was awarded the FIFA Order of Merit, the highest honour awarded by FIFA.
Former India midfielder Abdul Latif, who was also a key member of bronze medal winning team at the 1970 Bangkok Asian Games has passed away.
- Former Governor of Karnataka and Kerala Hansraj Bhardwaj has passed away.
- He holds the record of having the second longest tenure in Law Ministry since independence, after Ashoke Kumar Sen.