ON THE HOT SEAT :
Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan was sworn in as Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. He took oath for the fourth time as Chief Minister. Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Kamal Nath resigned just before the Supreme Court’s deadline to prove his majority in a trust vote.
- President of Afghanistan Ashraf Ghani won Afghanistan’s presidential election for the second term. He defeated Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah.
- The election results were announced by the Independent Election Commission (IEC) five months after the voting took place amid the threat of violence and concerns over electoral fraud.
Muhyiddin Yassin has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Malaysia.
The appointment came after resignation of Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
- Arvind Kejriwal became the Chief Minister of Delhi for the 3rd time after his party won the recent Delhi Assembly election.
- The Secretary to the President, Sanjay Kothari has heen selected as the next Chief Vigilance Commissioner.
- Central Vigilance Commission is an apex governmental body of Central Govt. to address governmental corruption.
- It is a statutory body and derives its powers from the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003
- Former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka, currently serving as an Information Commissioner, has been selected as the new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission.
- The Central Information Commission is a statutory body, set up under the Right to Information Act in 2005.
- The work of CIC broadly relate to adjudication in second appeal for giving information; direction for record keeping, suo motu disclosures receiving and enquiring into a complaint on inability to file RTI, etc; imposition of penalties and Monitoring and Reporting including preparation of an Annual Report. The decisions of the Commission are final and binding.
Showing 1-6 of 6 items.