On 7th September, 2019, theGovernment identified 130 wetlands for priority restoration in the next five years.
- Recently, the Supreme Court (SC) agreed to examine a plea that starvation deaths continue to eat into the right to life and dignity of social fabric and a “radical” new measure like community kitchens need to be set up across the country to feed the poor and the hungry.
Recently, the Union Cabinet approved the proposal for Review of Foreign Direct Investment(FDI) in four different sectors-Coal Mining, Contract Manufacturing, Single Brand Retail Trading (SBRT) and Digital Media.
On 29th August, 2019, Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), a flagship mission under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has been conferred the prestigious SKOCH Governance Gold Award.
- On 27th August, 2019, the Child Well-Being Index was released by NGOs World Vision India and IFMR LEAD.
- On 26th August, 2019, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, acknowledging the progress that has been made to implement Draft National Resource Efficiency Policy (NREP), 2019, extended the timeline to invite comments on it till 24.09.2019.
On 23rd August, 2019, the National Institute for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog released the 2nd edition of Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0
- Recently, in a decision that would give boost to the ocean energy in India, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) approved a proposal to declare ocean energy as Renewable Energy.
- On 21st August, 2019, Human Resources Development (HRD) Ministry launched the Integrated Teachers Training Programme, National Initiative for School Head’s and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA).
On 20th August, 2019, the World Bank published a report according to which, one-third of the potential economic growth will be affected in heavily water polluted areas leading to invisible crisis of water quality.