Current Affairs Question - 05 October 2021
With reference to the minorities, consider the following statements:
- The term "Minority" is not defined in the Indian Constitution. However, the Constitution recognises only religious and linguistic minorities.
- Article 29 provides that any section of the citizens residing in any part of India having a distinct language, script or culture of its own, shall have the right to conserve the same. It grants protection to both religious minorities as well as linguistic minorities.
- National Commission for Minorities was established as a statutory body with the enactment of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 (Act XIX of 1992) by the Parliament.
Which of the statement (s) given above is/are correct?
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS)
With respect to Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), consider the following statements:
- It was established in 1975 via the Treaty of Lagos.
- There are 15 Members in the group.
- Recently, it has imposed sanctions on Mali for second military coup.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1,2 and 3