APEC Summit 2020
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit 2020 was held virtually which was chaired by Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is an inter-governmental forum for 21 member economies in the Pacific Rim that promotes free trade throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- To date, its 21-member countries are China, Vietnam, the Philippines, Japan, Russia, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Australia, Chile, Canada, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore, Peru, Taiwan, Thailand, Brunei, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Mexico, and the US.
- APEC is headquartered at Singapore.
- India is not a member of APEC.