FIFA Football Awards 2021
The Best FIFA Football Awards™ 2021 ceremony, held as a virtual TV show from the Home of FIFA in Zurich, Switzerland.
- It crowned Alexia Putellas (Spain) and Robert Lewandowski (Poland) , as the outstanding players in women’s and men’s football respectively.
- Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski beat Lionel Messi and Mohamed Salah to win the award.
- Tottenham's Erik Lamela won the Puskas Prize for his goal against Arsenal, which was an audacious rabona (a technique of kicking the football where the kicking leg is crossed behind the back of the standing leg).
The FIFA Puskás Award is awarded to the male or female judged to have scored the most aesthetically significant, or "most beautiful", goal of the calendar year.
List of Winners
- The Best FIFA Men's Player: Robert Lewandowski (Bayern)
- The Best FIFA Men's Goalkeeper: Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)
- The Best FIFA Men's Coach: Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea)
- The Best FIFA Women's Player: Alexia Petellas (Barcelona)
- The Best FIFA Women's Goalkeeper: Chiristiane Endler (PSG)
- The Best FIFA Women's Coach: Emma Hayes (Chelsea)
- FIFA Puskas Award: Erik Lamela (Tottenham)
- FIFA Fair Play Award: Denmark national football team
- FIFA Fan Award: Denmark and Finland
Special Award to Cristiano Ronaldo
- There was a special award for Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo in recognition of his achievement in setting a new record for international goals.
- Ronaldo netted 115 times for Portugal at the time of the ceremony, which is more international goals than anyone in the history of the game.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Military Exercise & Operations
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News