DAC Clears Rs 45,000 Crore Worth of Defence Proposals
Recently, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved proposals totaling Rs 45,000 crore, encompassing the acquisition of 12 Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft and indigenous Dhruvastra short-range air-to-surface missiles for the Indian Air Force, along with several other platforms and weapon systems for the armed forces.
- Acceptance of Necessity for Su-30 MKI Aircraft: The DAC, headed by the Defence Minister, granted Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for the procurement of 12 Su-30 MKI aircraft from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Initial Step: AoN marks the initial step in the procurement process, with the grant of AoN not guaranteeing a final order.
- Russian-Origin Aircraft: Su-30 MKI jets, of Russian origin, have a commendable flight safety record.
- Fleet Restoration: The induction of these aircraft will help restore the IAF's Su-30 fleet to planned levels by replacing lost aircraft over the years during training.
- Dhruvastra Indigenous Missiles: DAC also approved AoN for the procurement of Dhruvastra short-range air-to-surface missiles, designed to be fired from the HAL-made Advanced Light Helicopters Mk-IV.
- Dornier Aircraft Avionics: Proposals for avionics upgradation of Dornier aircraft were cleared, which will enhance operational accuracy for the IAF.
- LAMV and ISAT-S: DAC granted AoN for Light Armoured Multipurpose Vehicles (LAMV) and Integrated Surveillance and Targeting System (ISAT-S) to enhance protection, mobility, attack capability, and survivability of the Army’s mechanized forces.
- HMV Gun Towing Vehicles: Procurement proposals for High Mobility Vehicle (HMV) Gun Towing Vehicles for rapid mobilization and deployment of artillery guns and radars for the Army were also approved.
- Next Generation Survey Vessels: The DAC gave the green light for Next Generation Survey Vessels to bolster the Navy's hydrographic operations.
- Defence Acquisition Procedure: All procurements will be made from Indian vendors in accordance with relevant categories of the Defence Acquisition Procedure, governing all capital acquisitions of the ministry.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News