Current Affairs - 08 September 2022
7th September: International Day of Clean Air for blue skies
United Nations General Assembly has designated 7th September as the “International Day of Clean Air for blue skies” with an aim to raise awareness and to promote actions to improve air quality.
- This year, it raises awareness on the urgency of strengthening national action and regional collaboration to improve air quality, with the global theme of "The Air We Share”.
- In India, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change organized 3rd International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies as ‘Swachh Vayu Diwas (“Swachh Vayu Neel Gagan”)’ to raise awareness and facilitate actions to improve air quality under National Clean Air Programme (NCAP).
Folk Artist Ram Chandra Manjhi Passes Away
The doyen of Bhojpuri folk theatre art “Launda Naach” and legendary artist Ram Chandra Manjhi passed away on 7th September 2022.
- Manjhi was born in a riverine village Tujarpur in the Nagra block of Saran district in Bihar.
- He was an oldest member of a troupe of great folk artist and Bhojpuri poet with the sobriquet “Shakespeare of Bhojpuri” Bhikhari Thakur.
- He was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2017 and was awarded Padma Shri in 2021.
|How many districts are there in Chhattisgarh, after the recent creation of Mohla-Manpur-Ambagarh Chowki, Sarangarh-Bilaigarh, and Khairagarh-Chhuikhadan-Gandai districts? -- 31|
|Which Adriatic coast nation has recently severed diplomatic relations with Iran following an investigation into a cyberattack that it concluded was Iranian "state aggression"? -- Albania|
|In which city the India-US 2+2 Inter-Sessional meeting was held to reviewed outcomes of the 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue of April 2022 with the aim of further strengthening the India-US strategic partnership? -- Delhi|
|In which city, the 2nd India-Japan 2plus2 Ministerial Dialogue will be held? -- Tokyo|
|What was the theme of the Seventh Eastern Economic Forum held in Vladivostok, Russia? -- "On the Path to a Multipolar World"|
|Name the Mysore-based sculptor who crafted the statue of Adi Shankaracharya at Kedarnath and now the statue of Subhas Chandra Bose - to be installed at India Gate? -- Arun Yogiraj|
|Under which Article of the Constitution, Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grants are provided to the States? -- Article 275|
|With the theme, "Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces” the International Literacy Day 2022 was observed on – -- 8th September|
|Which state has recommended UNESCO World Heritage tag for Chaya Someshwaralayam Temple (an architectural marvel) and Nilivurallu – a megalithic burial site with astronomical magnificence? -- Telangana|
Day Wise Current Affairs
To View Old Current Affairs, please select date below