Current Affairs - 14 September 2022
14 September: Hindi Diwas
Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14th September.
- The day also marks the birthday of Beohar Rajendra Simha who played a crucial role in getting Hindi in Devanagari script approved as an official language of India. He was born on 14 September 1916.
- Hindi is the third highest spoken language globally after English and Mandarin with over 65 crore speakers worldwide.
- On September 14, 1949, the Constituent Assembly declared Hindi, written in the Devanagari script, as India’s official language. To mark the significant date, India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru declared the day as Hindi Diwas.
- The Constituent Assembly’s decision was later legalised in the Constitution on January 26, 1950.
KN Singh: 22nd Chief Justice of India Passed Away
Former Chief Justice of India Kamal Narain Singh passed away on 8th September 2022.
- Justice Narain had tenure of only 17 days (November 25, 1991 to December 12, 1991) as the CJI, making him the chief justice with the shortest tenure. He was the 22nd Chief Justice of India, with a term from.
|With which State Govt., Vedanta-Foxconn Group has signed a MoU of Rs. 1.54 lakh crore for the manufacture of semiconductor and display fab? -- Gujarat|
|By which year India plans to vaccinate 100% of the animals against Foot and Mouth Disease and Brucellosis? -- 2025|
|The Kibithu military camp (Easternmost Garrison of India) in Arunachal Pradesh, which looks out over Chinese deployments in the Rima-Tatu area across the LAC, was recently renamed as – -- General Bipin Rawat Military Garrison|
|Which state has maximum number of Amrit Sarovar (Lakes) followed by Madhya Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir respectively - which aims to conserve water for the future? -- Uttar Pradesh|
|Which state of India has the highest number of Jan Dhan bank account holders? -- Uttar Pradesh|
Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act, 2022
Consider the following statements with reference to the Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act, 2022:
- It replaces the Identification of Prisoners Act, 1920, and authorises police officers to take measurements of people convicted, arrested or facing trial in criminal cases.
- In March 2003, the Expert Committee on Reforms of the Criminal Justice System (Chair: Dr. Justice V. S. Malimath) recommended amending the 1920 Act to empower the Magistrate to authorise the collection of data such as blood samples for DNA, hair, saliva, and semen.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are incorrect?
1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Creation Of New District In India
With reference to the process of creation of new district in India, consider the following statements:
- The power to create new districts or alter or abolish existing districts rests with the State governments.
- A new district can be created either through an executive order or by passing a law in the State Assembly.
- The Centre has no role to play in the alteration of districts or creation of new ones. States are free to decide.
Choose the correct statement(s) from the options given below:
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
1 and 3
Day Wise Current Affairs
To View Old Current Affairs, please select date below