IAS/ PCS :
Consider the following statements about National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2019:
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
Consider the following given statements in context to recently released Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI):
- Global MPI- 2019 is released annually by the United Nation Development Programme (UNDP).
- It defines poor not only on the basis of income, but on other indicators, including poor health, poor quality of work and the threat of violence.
- According to the report, about 1.3 billion people are multi-dimensionally poor.
- Incidence of multidimensional poverty almost halved between 2005-06 and 2015-16, climbing down to 27.5%, indicating that the number of poor people in India fell by more than 271 million within ten years.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements regarding recently launched Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana-III (PMGSY-III):
- Under the PMGSY-III, it is proposed to consolidate 1,25,000 km road length in the States.
- The funds would be shared in the ratio of 60:40 between the Centre and State for all Indian States.
- The time period for PMGSY-III implementation will be from 2019-20 to 2025-26.
- It will also include through routes and major rural links that connect habitations to Gramin Agricultural Markets (GrAMs), Higher Secondary Schools and Hospitals.
Which of the given statements above is/are correct? Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has launched a project for undertaking Immunocontraceptive Project for population management of wild animals. Consider the following statements regarding the project:
- The project includes four species of wild animals, viz. Elephant, Wild boar, Monkeys and Hog Deer.
- It will begin in Assam and then implemented in rest of the country.
- The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) and the National Institute of Immunology (NII) will develop a protocol of immunocontraception.
- It is technology that uses a female animal’s immune system to build a protein around the egg that prevents it from fertilising.