Current Affairs Question - June 2021
National Environmental Pollution, Degradation & Climate Change
Consider the following hydrogen production options:
- Blue hydrogen is made from CH4 where CO2 is captured and stored.
- Green Hydrogen is made from renewable energy and no CO2 is emitted.
- Brown Hydrogen is made from coal where CO2 is emitted to the atmosphere.
- Grey hydrogen is made from CH4 and CO2 is captured and liquefied.
Which of the above statements are correct?
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 4 only
2, 3 and 4 only
All are correct
International International Institutions, Agencies & Fora
Group Of Seven (G7)
Consider the following statements about Group of Seven (G7):
- The Group of Seven (G7) is an inter-governmental political forum consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- ‘Cornwall Declaration’, aimed at preventing future pandemics was signed during the 47th G7 Leaders summit 2021.
- India, Australia and South Korea were invited to participate in the proceedings of the summit as “guest countries”.
- The G7 does not have a formal constitution or a fixed headquarters and the decisions taken by leaders during annual summits are binding.
- All the G7 countries and India are a part of G20.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
1, 2 and 4
2, 3 and 5
3, 4 and 5
3 and 5