Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana
Recently, the Prime Minister distributed the 15th installment of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana, totalling over Rs 18,000 crore and benefiting more than 80 million farmers.
- It is a Central-Sector scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
- The scheme aims to supplement the financial needs of the farmers in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income.
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- Under the scheme, income support of 6,000/- per year in three equal installments will be provided to all land-holding farmer families.
- The definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife, and minor children.
- The State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families that are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Exclusion Categories: The following categories of beneficiaries shall not be eligible for benefits under the scheme:
- All institutional landholders.
- Farmer families that belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers, and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees).
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of above category.
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
Ecology & Environment
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
Sports In News
State In News
State In News
State In News
Points to Ponder