India Joins Djibouti Code Of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment As Observer
- India has joined the Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment, DCOC/JA, as Observer.
- DCOC/JA is a grouping on maritime matters comprising 18 member states adjoining the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, the East Coast of Africa and Island countries in the Indian Ocean Region.
- India has joined Japan, Norway, the UK and the US as Observers to the DCOC/JA.
- The DCOC, established in January 2009, is aimed at repression of piracy and armed robbery against ships in the Western Indian Ocean Region, the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea.
- As an observer at the DCOC/JA, India is looking forward to working together with DCOC/JA member states towards coordinating and contributing to enhanced maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region.