51st IFFI: Awards And Accolades
- The 51st edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) held its coveted award ceremony on the closing day of the festival in Goa at Shyama Prasad Mookerjee Stadium.
- While Danish World War II drama ‘Into the Darkness’ won the Golden Peacock Award (Best Film), Tzu-Chuan Liu and Zofia Stafiej won the top acting honours.
- 51st IFFI jury chairman was Pablo Cesar of Germany.
Awards and Accolades
Golden Peacock Award (Best Film)
- Into the Darkness, directed by Anders Refn won the Best Film (Golden Peacock) award.
- The film chronicles the complex, emotional turmoil which the people of Denmark had to undergo, during the Nazi occupation of the country.
Silver Peacock Award
- Best Actor (Male): Tzu-Chuan Liu (Taiwan), The Silent Forest
- Best Actor (Female): Zofia Stafiej (Poland), I Never Cry
- Best Director: Chen-Nien Ko (Taiwan), The Silent Forest
Best Debut Director Award: Cássio Pereira dos Santos (Brazil), Valentina
- Special Mention Award: Kripal Kalita (Assam, India), Bridge
- Indian film director Kripal Kalita from Assam has brought laurels to the country and the state after winning the IFFI 51 Special Mention Award for his Assamese film ‘Bridge’.
- ‘Bridge’ reflects the life amidst hardships caused by annual floods in rural Assam.
- The film tells the story of the annual phenomenon in the state, wherein the mighty Brahmaputra and its tributaries flood many villages and ruin cultivation.
- Special Jury Award: Kamin Kalev (Bulgaria), February
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Vittorio Storaro (Italy)
- ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Award: '200 Meters'
- Ameen Nayfeh’s 2020 Arabic film '200 Meters' won the ICFT UNESCO Gandhi Award – for best reflecting Gandhiji's ideals of peace, tolerance & non-violence.
- Indian Personality of the Year Award: Biswajit Chatterjee
- Yesteryear actress Zeenat Aman and Bhojpuri superstar Ravi Kishen were felicitated for their contribution to films.