Current Affairs - PIB News
The Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 from 1st to 30th September 2022.
- In the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah the aim is to convert Jan Andolan into Jan Bhagidari to fulfill the Hon’ble PM’s vision of a Suposhit Bharat.
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has introduced Paper Import Monitoring System (PIMS) by amending the import policy of major paper products from ‘Free’ to ‘Free subject to compulsory registration under PIMS’.
- PIMS shall come into effect from 1st October, 2022. However, the online facility of registration will be available from 15th July 2022.
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), a 100% government owned entity under Department of Posts (DoP) announced the launch of Fincluvation – a joint initiative to collaborate with Fintech Startup community to co-create and innovate solutions for financial inclusion.
The Ministry of Education will be conducting a ‘foundational learning study’ in order to draw a first-hand understanding of the learning levels of the students at the foundational learning stage (at the end of Grade 3).
The study is first of its kind in the world as it aims to set-up benchmarks for reading with comprehension in 22 Indian languages.
In a significant achievement, Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) of India has declined by 10 points as per the Special Bulletin on MMR released by the Registrar General of India.
- The ratio has declined from 113 in 2016-18 to 103 in 2017-19 (8.8 % decline).
initiation of the Open Data Week to encourage adoption of open data and promote innovation across India’s urban ecosystem.
- Leading up to the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav - Smart Cities: Smart Urbanization’ conference scheduled to be held in Surat, during February 2022, the Open Data Week is part of a series of pre-event initiatives being undertaken by MoHUA to promote awareness and use of open data.
The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG) and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, in association with the State Government of Telangana organized the 24th Conference on e-Governance (NCeG) 2021 on 7th – 8th February 2022 at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- The theme of this Conference was “India’s Techade: Digital Governance in a Post Pandemic World”.
The Smart Cities Mission, MoHUA has launched “Smart cities and Academia Towards Action & Research (SAAR)” program.
- It is a joint initiative of MoHUA, National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) and leading Indian academic institutions of the country.