PMFME Scheme Seed Capital Module for SHGs
- On 27th September 2021, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, in association with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, under the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme, virtually launched the Seed Capital Module on Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) MIS Portal for seed capital assistance to members of urban Self Help Groups working in the food processing sector in India.
- The seed capital portal can be accessed by Self Help Groups to avail the seed capital assistance of Rs.40,000 per SHG member under the PMFME Scheme.
- Urban SHG members which are engaged in Food Processing activities would be sensitized and motivated about the PMFME scheme to avail the benefits of seed capital for purchasing small tools and working capital.
- Launched under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, the PMFME Scheme aims to enhance the competitiveness and promote formalization of the unorganized micro—food processing enterprises in India. The scheme aims to empower the self-help groups by:
- Seed capital support of Rs.40,000 per SHG member;
- Credit linked subsidy for capital investment up to 35% with a ceiling of Rs. 10 lakh;
- Credit linked grantsupport up to 35% for establishing common infrastructure;
- Handholding support for DPR preparation and;
- Capacity building and training support.
About the PMFME Scheme
- Launched under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme
- It aims to enhance the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment of the food processing industry and promote formalization of the sector and provide support to Farmer Producer Organizations, Self Help Groups, and Producers Cooperatives along their entire value chain.
- With an outlay of Rs.10,000 crore over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25, the scheme envisions to directly assist the 2,00,000 micro food processing units for providing financial, technical, and business support for upgradation of existing micro food processing enterprises.
Ecology & Environment
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
Sports In News
State In News
State In News
State In News
Points to Ponder