17-21 January 2022: ‘Open Data Week’
On 17th January 2022, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) announced the initiation of the Open Data Week to encourage adoption of open data and promote innovation across India’s urban ecosystem.
- Leading up to the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav - Smart Cities: Smart Urbanization’ conference scheduled to be held in Surat, during February 2022, the Open Data Week is part of a series of pre-event initiatives being undertaken by MoHUA to promote awareness and use of open data.
- It will be conducted during the third week of January, i.e., from 17th January 2022 to 21st January 2022.
- The Event aims to show the benefits of open data such as increased efficiency, transparency, a spur in innovation, and economic growth.
- The Event will see participation from all 100 Smart Cities that will be publishing high quality datasets and data blogs on the Smart Cities Open Data Portal.
- Presently, more than 3,800 datasets and more than 60 data stories are already available on the Portal to various stakeholders to analyse this data and uncover actionable insights.
‘Open Data Week’ is divided into two segments:
- First, uploading of datasets, visualizations, APIs and data blogs on the Smart Cities Open Data Portal from 17th January 2022 to 20th January 2022, and
- Second, celebration of a Data Day by all smart cities on 21st January 2022.
21 January 2022: Data Day
Benefits out of Data
- Many different groups of people and organisations can benefit from the availability of quality data.
- New combinations of data can create new knowledge and insights, which can lead to whole new fields of application.
- This can help governments in solving some of the most common problems faced by the citizens of any city and replicating the successful ideas in other cities.
- All 100 smart cities are geared up for the event, making it a collaborative effort towards making Indian cities ‘Data Smart’.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News