Risk Reduction Hub Event
On 18th May 2023, India's National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) jointly organized the Risk Reduction Hub Event at the United Nations headquarters during the High-level meeting of the midterm review of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) 2015-2030.
- About the Event: This event was organized in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR), and India's Permanent Representative to the United Nations.
- Aim: The aim of the event was to discuss ‘The Roles of States for Promoting Investments in Disaster Risk Reduction towards Resilient and Sustainable Future'.
- It also aimed to discuss the midterm review of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) 2015-2030.
- States' Primary Role in Disaster Risk Reduction: States' primary role in disaster risk reduction was emphasized as a fundamental requirement for achieving the SDGs and minimizing damages and impacts of climate change.
- It also emphasized the need for a balanced financial architecture to address all aspects of disaster risk reduction and strengthen early warning systems during emergencies.
- Priorities Aligned with SFDRR: During India's Presidency of the G20, the Working Group on DRR proposed five priorities aligned with the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR).
- These priorities include expanding global coverage of early warning systems, making infrastructure systems resilient to disasters and climate change, establishing robust national financial frameworks, enhancing disaster response systems, and promoting ecosystem-based approaches.
The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 (Sendai Framework) was the first major agreement of the post-2015 development agenda and provides Member States with concrete actions to protect development gains from the risk of disasters.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News