PIB News Indian Economy
Grant-in-aid to Rural Local Bodies
On 30th August the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance has released an amount of Rs. 13,385.70 crore to 25 States for providing grants to the Rural Local Bodies. This Grant-in-aid is the 1st installment of Tied grants of the year 2021-22.
- The grants have been released as per the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission.
- Tied grants are released to the Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) for improving two critical services namely
- Sanitation and maintenance of open-defecation free (ODF) status, and
- Supply of drinking water, rain water harvesting and water recycling.
State In News Punjab
Punjab to roll out 'Mera Kaam Mera Maan' Scheme
- The Govt. of Punjab has decided to roll out a new scheme called 'Mera Kaam Mera Maan' which will help the unemployed youth in the state to hone their skills and increase their chances of getting a job.
- Under the scheme, these youngsters will be given short-term skill training free of cost.
- The scheme will be rolled out from the current fiscal on a pilot basis for construction workers and their wards.
- A target of 30,000 beneficiaries has been proposed.
- The scheme also provides an employment assistance allowance of Rs. 2,500 per month for a period of 12 months from the start of the training course, which will be conducted at Punjab Skill Development Mission training centers.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Military Exercise & Operations
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News