Current Affairs - India And Its Bilateral Relations
At the India-Sri Lanka 5th Joint Committee on S&T Cooperation held on January 20, 2022, India and Sri Lanka extended the existing cooperation in science and technology.
- Both countries mutually agreed to extend the Programme of Cooperation (POC) for another 3 years and identified new areas such as waste-water technologies, industry and biotech, sustainable agriculture, aerospace engineering, robotics, big data analytics, and artificial intelligence to be included in the POC.
In 2021, the bilateral trade between India and China stood at 125.66 billion USD, up 43.3% from 2020.
- China’s exports to India were 97.52 billion USD while China’s imports from India were 28.14 billion USD in 2021.
The 3rd meeting of the India-Central Asia Dialogue was held in New Delhi on 19th December 2021 under the chairmanship of the External Affairs Minister of India.
- Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Republic of Uzbekistan took part in the meeting.
- On 27th September 2021, Admiral Saif bin Nasser bin Mohsen Al-Rahbi, Commander of Royal Navy of Oman (CRNO) and Admiral Karambir Singh, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), Indian Navy signed an MoU for exchange of White Shipping Information.
- The MoU was signed at Maritime Security Center (MSC), Muscat during the ongoing visit of the CNS to Oman.
Why is it in News?
India was congratulated by Israel’s PM on 13 June after India voted on 11 June in favour of a decision introduced by Israel that objected to granting consultative status to a Palestinian group at the UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
Why is it in News?
As per official sources, New Delhi would soon recognize and accept the efforts taken by Pakistan to curb terror groups on its soil.