Current Affairs - Reports,Survey And Index
UNCTAD’s Technology and Innovation Report
According to the report released by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the trade of "green goods" increased by four percent in the second half of 2022, amounting to a record $1.9 trillion for the year.
IPCC Synthesis Report
On March 20, 2023, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released its final report of the sixth assessment cycle, warning that there is a rapidly closing window of opportunity to secure a livable and sustainable future for all.
World Happiness Report 2023
On March 20, 2023, the annual U.N.-sponsored World Happiness Report was released, ranking Finland as the happiest country in the world for the sixth year in a row while India ranks 126th out of 137 countries.
The World Bank's Women, Business and the Law report 2023
On March 3rd, 2023, the World Bank released a report on the index measuring the life cycle of a working woman to measure gender-based legal restrictions in 190 economies, including India.
UN- Water GLAAS Report 2022
Recently, on December 12, 2022, the Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) report was released.
World Malaria Report 2022
World Malaria Report 2022 was released by the World Health Organization (WHO) on December 8, 2022.
Global Estimates of Modern Slavery
The latest Global Estimates of Modern Slavery was published by the International Labour Organization (ILO), International Organization for Migration (IOM) and international human rights group Walk Free.
- In 2021, some 50 million people were living in modern slavery: 28 million in forced labour and 22 million in forced marriages.
Global Gender Gap Report 2022
The Global Gender Gap Report 2022 was recently released by the World Economic Forum.
It compares countries’ gender gaps across four dimensions:
- Pillar 1 Economic Participation and Opportunity
UNICEF Child Alert - Severe Wasting: An overlooked Child Survival Emergency
Recently, UNICEF published a Child Alert report, Severe wasting: An overlooked child survival emergency, which shows that in the light of rising levels of severe wasting (Wasting is low weight for a child's height) in children and rising costs for life-saving treatment, global financing to save the lives of children suffering from wasting is also under threat.
- According to the Report, India has 5,772,472 children below five years affected by severe wasting — the most in the world.
World Happiness Report 2022
India and the Report
- India may be one of the fastest growing economies of the world, but it is among the least happy countries according to the latest World Happiness Report 2022.
- The World Happiness Report 2022 ranked India 136th out of 146 countries. In 2021, India was ranked 136th out of 149 countries.