Current Affairs - Reports,Survey And Index
Recently, UNICEF published a Child Alert report, Severe wasting: An overlooked child survival emergency, which shows that in the light of rising levels of severe wasting (Wasting is low weight for a child's height) in children and rising costs for life-saving treatment, global financing to save the lives of children suffering from wasting is also under threat.
- According to the Report, India has 5,772,472 children below five years affected by severe wasting — the most in the world.
India and the Report
- India may be one of the fastest growing economies of the world, but it is among the least happy countries according to the latest World Happiness Report 2022.
- The World Happiness Report 2022 ranked India 136th out of 146 countries. In 2021, India was ranked 136th out of 149 countries.
On 25th January 2022, International Monetary Fund (IMF) released its World Economic Outlook report.
It is a survey by the IMF staff usually published twice a year. It presents IMF staff economists' analyses of global economic developments during the near and medium term.
On 17th January, 2022, Oxfam International released the report titled- Inequality Kills: The unparalleled action needed to combat unprecedented inequality in the wake of COVID-19.
- Inequalities have been deepened in the midst of the pandemic, as a result of violent economic policies contributing to thousands of deaths a day.
World Inequality Report 2022” was recently released by France-based World Inequality Lab.
Key Findings (Global)
We are still there where we were at the 20th Century
- Global inequalities today are as much as they were at the peak of Western imperialism in the early 20th century.
In the 2021 Global Hunger Index, India ranks 101st out of the 116 countries. Last year India was ranked at 94th.
- With a score of 27.5, India has a level of hunger that is ‘serious’.
- The report was prepared jointly by Irish aid agency Concern Worldwide and German organisation Welt Hunger Hilfe.
The 14th edition of Global Innovation Index was released on 20th September 2021.
- The Index is released annually by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- The Global Innovation Index 2021 captures the innovation ecosystem performance of 132 economies and tracks the most recent global innovation trends.