Current Affairs - Reports,Survey And Index
On 25th January 2022, International Monetary Fund (IMF) released its World Economic Outlook report.
It is a survey by the IMF staff usually published twice a year. It presents IMF staff economists' analyses of global economic developments during the near and medium term.
On 17th January, 2022, Oxfam International released the report titled- Inequality Kills: The unparalleled action needed to combat unprecedented inequality in the wake of COVID-19.
- Inequalities have been deepened in the midst of the pandemic, as a result of violent economic policies contributing to thousands of deaths a day.
World Inequality Report 2022” was recently released by France-based World Inequality Lab.
Key Findings (Global)
We are still there where we were at the 20th Century
- Global inequalities today are as much as they were at the peak of Western imperialism in the early 20th century.
In the 2021 Global Hunger Index, India ranks 101st out of the 116 countries. Last year India was ranked at 94th.
- With a score of 27.5, India has a level of hunger that is ‘serious’.
- The report was prepared jointly by Irish aid agency Concern Worldwide and German organisation Welt Hunger Hilfe.
The 14th edition of Global Innovation Index was released on 20th September 2021.
- The Index is released annually by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- The Global Innovation Index 2021 captures the innovation ecosystem performance of 132 economies and tracks the most recent global innovation trends.