Parliament Q & A
Civil Services Chronicle Online,February, 2021:
Question by: Bidyut Baran Mahato, Sanjay Sadashivrao Mandlik, Shrirang Appa Barne, Sudheer Gupta
- Whether people in the country are still not aware about the harmful effects of consuming trans-fats and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the FSSAI has launched a new mass media campaign in order to create awareness about trans-fats and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government is planning to eliminate the use of trans-fats in the country by the year 2022 and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the FSSAI has issued any draft regulations to meet the World Health Organizations mandated two percent limit regarding trans-fat elimination in oils, fats and extracted fat of food products and if so, the details thereof;
- the time by which said regulations are likely to be notified by the Government; and
- whether the Government has set any procedure to record the compliance of regulations issued and if so, the details thereof?
Question by: Keshari Devi Patel
- Whether Government has taken note of people falling ill due to excessive use of pesticides-chemicals in production of foodgrains and other items and if so, details thereof;
- the steps taken to check adulteration and limit the use of pesticides in view of the health hazards;
- whether the Government proposes to take stern action in order to check adulteration in food, if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has initiated any programme to create awareness among public regarding the method employed to identify such adulteration in food and mitigate its ill effects;
- if so, the details thereof; and
- the steps being taken by the Government to explore alternative methods and technology for replacing use of chemicals in foodgrains?
Showing 1-2 of 2 items.