Parliament Q & A
Question by: Jagdambika Pal
(a) Whether the Government has been able to achieve its objectives laid under the Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP) and if so, the details thereof;
(b) the number of women benefited under the Pariyojana along with the details and fund allocation thereof;
(c) the steps being taken by the Government to increase the coverage under the scheme;
(d) the steps being taken by the Government to help revive agricultural livelihood options for women under the unlock programme?
Question by: Shri Rajeshbhai Chudasama, Shrimati Sumalatha Ambareesh, Shri D.K.Suresh, Dr. Virendra Kumar
- Whether the Government has taken cognizance of recent allegations of sexual harassment complaints filed by many women from various industries and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has proposed to set up a committee to investigate such complaints;
- if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government plans to set up a special court for speedy disposal of sexual harassment allegations and if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor; and
- whether the Government has put an effective mechanism in place to create awareness among women about harassment/ exploitation in work places and if so, the details thereof?
Question by: Vishnu Dayal Ram
(a) the status of implementation of the Mission Parivar Vikas implemented in 145 high focus districts with the highest TFR and the results derived from the scheme;
(b) the steps being taken by the government to address high Total Fertility Rate (TFR) in Jharkhand; and
(c) the challenges being faced by the government in providing access to family planning services and quality contraceptives?
Question by: Sunil Kumar Singh, Sumedhanand Saraswati
(a) Whether the Ministry is implementing e-Panchayat facility in the country to revamp the functioning of Panchayats;
(b) if so, the current status of the progress regarding e-Panchayats in all Panchayats of Rajasthan and Chatra constituency of Jharkhand;
(c) the number of Panchayats digitised in Sikar district of Rajasthan and Chatra in Jharkhand and the number of Panchayats yet to be digitised; and
(d) the time-limit fixed for the digitisation of all the Panchayats in the country including Sikar district of Rajasthan and Chatra district of Jharkhand?
Question by: Bidyut Baran Mahato, Sanjay Sadashivrao Mandlik, Shrirang Appa Barne, Sudheer Gupta
- Whether people in the country are still not aware about the harmful effects of consuming trans-fats and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the FSSAI has launched a new mass media campaign in order to create awareness about trans-fats and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government is planning to eliminate the use of trans-fats in the country by the year 2022 and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the FSSAI has issued any draft regulations to meet the World Health Organizations mandated two percent limit regarding trans-fat elimination in oils, fats and extracted fat of food products and if so, the details thereof;
- the time by which said regulations are likely to be notified by the Government; and
- whether the Government has set any procedure to record the compliance of regulations issued and if so, the details thereof?
Question by: Keshari Devi Patel
- Whether Government has taken note of people falling ill due to excessive use of pesticides-chemicals in production of foodgrains and other items and if so, details thereof;
- the steps taken to check adulteration and limit the use of pesticides in view of the health hazards;
- whether the Government proposes to take stern action in order to check adulteration in food, if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has initiated any programme to create awareness among public regarding the method employed to identify such adulteration in food and mitigate its ill effects;
- if so, the details thereof; and
- the steps being taken by the Government to explore alternative methods and technology for replacing use of chemicals in foodgrains?
Question by: Manish Tewari
- Whether the Government has taken note of increasing spectre of trials by the Media in matters that are still in the process of being investigated under the relevant provisions of the IPC & CRPC and if so, the details thereof;
- Whether government has received any complaints/representations from people regarding trials by media in pending criminal matters, if so, the details thereof along with action taken thereon;
- The number of alerts/internal references made to the Ministry by the Electronic Media Monitoring Centre (EMMC) on the matter and details of action taken against the erring entities, indicating the names of such TV channels;
Question by: Jayanta Kumar Roy, Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo, Bhola Singh, Vinod Kumar Sonkar, Raja Amareshwara Naik, Sukanta Majumdar
- Whether the Government has proposed Arth-Ganga Project to channelize economic activity along the banks of Ganga river if so, the details thereof;
- Whether the Government is considering to corporatise at least one major port and subsequently its listing on the stock exchanges, if so, the details thereof;
- Whether the Government had decided that governance framework is in keeping with global benchmarks needed for more efficient sea-ports and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has approved Major Port Authority Bill, 2020 to replace existing Major Port Trust Act to provide more operational autonomy to ports; and
- If so, the other steps being taken by the Government in this regard?
Question by: Devendrappa Y
- whether the reason for poverty of farmers is low productivity (yield per hectare) of all major crops in the country;
- if so, the details thereof and the reasons for low productivity of agriculture in the country;
- whether the increase in agricultural productivity requires greater investment in farm inputs; and
- if so, the steps taken by the Government to increase investment, both public and private, in agriculture sector in the country?
Question by: Feroze Varun Gandhi
- whether the Government maintains a distinction between ‘informal ‘and ‘unorganised‘ sector;
- if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor;
- the total number of unorganised and informal workforce and its proportion to the total workforce and the percentage of working females employed in the unorganised or informal sector; and
- the steps taken by Government to promote formalisation of workforce?