Parliament Q & A
Question by: Mohanbhai Kalyanji Kundariya and Dipsinh Shankarsinh Rathod
- whether the Government has set up a task force to examine matters pertaining to age of motherhood imperative of lowering Maternal Mortality Ratio, improvement of nutrition levels and related issues;
- if so, the details thereof;
- whether the movement against child labour is required to be made a public movement; and
- if so, the manner in which it is likely to be made public movement?
The prices of food items are inter-alia affected by mismatch in demand and supply, shortfall in production owing to adverse weather conditions, seasonality, increased transportation costs, supply chain constraints etc.
Question by: Bhagwanth Khuba
- whether the Government is aware of the fact that more than 20 per cent of informal workers are still jobless;
- if so, the details thereof; and
- the steps taken by the government in this regard?
Question by: Shri Adala Prabhakara Reddy, Dr. Beesetti Venkata Satyavathi, Shri Uday Pratap Singh
- whether the Government intends to bring in a two child policy in the country in order to control rising population and if so, the details thereof;
- if not, the reasons therefor; and
- the details of other such measures being taken by the Government including bringing in a legislation to control rising population levels?
Question by: Mohanbhai Kalyanji Kundariya, Dipsinh Shankarsinh Rathod, Anil Firojiya
- whether the principle of self-reliant village that formed the basis of strong Indian Economy and its reputation as a golden bird, has been destroyed due to colonialism;
- if so, whether any steps have been taken to rectify/improve this situation;
- whether with the passage of time, the decline in agricultural profit, the dazzling lights of cities, need for modern education and lack of modern amenities have turned villages into were residential centres of Indian housing; and
- if so, whether any corrective steps have been taken by the Government in this regard?
Question by: Bhola Singh, Vinod Kumar Sonkar
- whether the Government has any estimation of the population in the country that is poor and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has evaluated the outcome of different poverty alleviation programmes launched during the last three years and if so, the details and the outcome thereof;
- whether the level of inequality has been rising in the country and if so, the details thereof along with the overall income, wealth and consumption inequality reported/noted during each of the last three years;
- whether there has been imbalance in development of various regions in the country and if so, the details thereof; and
- the other steps being taken by the Government to reduce poverty, inequality and regional disparity in the country?
Question by: P.R. Natarajan
- whether the Government is having any official definition and norms fixed for urban/ rural poverty line across the country;
- if so, the details thereof;
- whether any review has been taken by the Government on the norms and cap for poverty line; and
- if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor?
Question by: Gajanan Chandrakant Kirtikar, Arvind Ganpat Sawant, Dhanush M Kumar, C.N. Annadurai, Gautham Sigamani Pon
- the rules for conducting an agriculture census in the country along with the time when an agriculture census was conducted;
- whether the Government has recently conducted any census to ascertain the number and condition of farmers/cultivators in the country;
- the challenges faced by the Government while conducting such a census;
- whether according to the latest Agriculture Census about 45.70 per cent of the Net Area Sown is irrigated and if so, the steps taken by the Government to overcome this problem?
Question by: Ajay Nishad, Raja Amareshwara Naik, Sukanta Majumdar, Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo, and Bhola Singh
- the new welfare schemes being implemented for the minorities in the country along with the names of schemes initiated exclusively in the last two years;
- the funds allocated/released/ utilised under the various schemes during the last two years and the current year, State-wise and schemes-wise;
- the target set and achieved under the said schemes during the said period, State-wise and scheme-wise;
- whether the funds allocated under these schemes have not been fully utilised by the State Governments during the above said period and if so, the details thereof and Government’s reaction thereto; and
- whether there are some slippages in achieving the targets and percolating the benefits down to the beneficiaries and if so, the details thereof along with the manner in which the Government is planning to plug these loopholes for effective implementation of these schemes?
Question by: Pratima Bhoumik, Ranjeetsinha Hindurao Naik-Nimbalkar, Bhagirath Chaudhary, Devji Mansingram Patel
- Whether the Govenment proposes to implement any concrete plan to identify bogus voters and also check bogus voting in General Elections held in the country; and
- if so, the time by which it is likely to be implemented and if not, the reasons therefor?