FDI In Space Sector
- Whether the Government has a policy framework in place to streamline foreign direct investment (FDI) for space intensive activities?
- If so, the details thereof; if not, the reasons therefor; and
- The role of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) in channelising the FDI for space activities?
Answered by: Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, PG & PENSIONS and in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh On April 06, 2023.
- Presently FDI in space sector is allowed upto 100% in the area of Satellites-Establishment and Operations through Government route only.
- Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) being the regulatory and promotional body for space activities was involved in revision of FDI policy which is presently under consideration of the Government. The specific role of IN-SPACe for channelising FDI will evolve after approval of revised FDI policy by the Government.