This ‘Ugadi’ Andhra Pradesh to get 13 new Districts
Andhra Pradesh will add 13 new districts this ‘Ugadi’ – Telugu New Year’s Day (falling on 2nd April).
- The government has already issued draft notifications for carving out the new districts. Citizens residing within a district are also invited to send objections and suggestions for the same. These would be taken into consideration within 30 days.
- With the addition of 13 new districts, Andhra Pradesh will soon get 26 districts in total.
- This exercise is being done under Section 3 (5) of the AP Districts (Formation) Act, 1974.
Two Exclusive Districts for Tribal Population
- The two new tribal districts will be Manyam, with headquarters in Parvathipuram, and Alluri Sitarama Raju, named after the legendary Telugu freedom fighter with headquarters in Paderu.
Other New Districts
- The other new districts are Anakapalli (out of the existing Visakhapatnam district), Konaseema and Kakinada (out of East Godavari), Eluru (out of West Godavari), NTR (out of Krishna), Bapatla and Palnadu (out of Guntur), Nandyal (out of Kurnool), Sri Satya Sai (out of Anantapuramu), Annamayya (out of Kadapa) and Sri Balaji (out of Chittoor).
Note: The headquarters of the existing East Godavari district is being shifted to Rajamahendravaram and that of West Godavari to Bhimavaram.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Military Exercise & Operations
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News