India-France Transport Sector Pact
On 17th August, 2022 the Union Cabinet was apprised of the signing of Contract between the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, France on behalf of the International Transport Forum and the Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), India to support the International Transport Forum (ITF) activities on the Indian Transport Sector.
The Contract was signed on 6th July, 2022.
The activities to be carried out under this Contract will lead to:
- New scientific results;
- New policy insights;
- Capacity building through increase scientific interaction
- Identification of technology options for decarbonization of transport sector in India.
About International Transport Forum
- The International Transport Forum at the OECD is an intergovernmental organisation with 64 member countries.
- It acts as a think tank for transport policy and organises the Annual Summit of transport ministers.
- ITF is the only global body that covers all transport modes.
- The ITF is administratively integrated with the OECD, yet politically autonomous.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News