EU-India Green Hydrogen Forum
Recently, European Commissioner for Energy and India’s Minister for Power and Renewable Energy inaugurated the first EU-India Green Hydrogen Forum.
The event was organized jointly by the Delegation of the European Union and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, in close cooperation with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Hydrogen Europe.
(Image Source: RE Global)
- The EU and India have a strong common interest in green hydrogen, from its energy security aspects to developing secure supply chains and competitive, rules-based markets.
- The EU and India have set ambitious programmes and targets for wider adoption of green hydrogen. While India announced its National Hydrogen Mission last year, the EU launched the European Hydrogen Strategy in 2020.
- India is a key strategic partner for the EU in energy and sustainable hydrogen.
- The Forum will serve as a platform to exchange best practices, policy frameworks and production and application technologies for renewable hydrogen as well as opportunities for EU-India cooperation in this area.
- The forum will also delve into the potential for international hydrogen trade, the role of international standards, including sustainable transportation, the legal requirements for the certification of renewable hydrogen and research and innovation.
- The European Union said it would be keen to explore with financing partners the possibility of building a pipeline of hydrogen projects in India, leveraging private sector investments in innovative technology under the framework of EU Global Gateway initiative.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News