Union Minister Launches Capacity Building Plan for Government Employees

  • 28 Sep 2023

On 27th Sept, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, inaugurated the Capacity Building Plan (CBP) for Government employees at the DoPT headquarters in New Delhi.

Key Points

  • Skills Enhancement: The Capacity Building Plan (CBP) is a new initiative by Indian Prime Minister aimed at training officers and optimizing their deployment based on acquired competencies.
  • Induction Training: The Karmayogi Prarambh module has been integrated into the induction training for all government employees, including new recruits who joined through the Rozgar Mela.
  • iGOT Training Modules: The Capacity Building Commission (CBC) has introduced iGOT training modules catering to government employees at all levels, from ASO to JS, and select courses even for Secretaries.
  • Skill Commonality: Around 80% of the skills covered are related to functional and behavioural aspects, with the remaining 20% being domain-specific tasks and roles.
  • Transformation Objective: The Mission Karmayogi and iGOT aim to transform government employees into efficient and skilled individuals.