Current Affairs - Appointment & Resignation
IPS officer S L Thaosen has been appointed as the Director-General of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Anthony Norman Albanese has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Australia on 23rd May 2022.
- In the 2022 election, Albanese led his party to victory against Scott Morrison's Liberal-National Coalition.
On 12 May 2022, Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar was appointed as the next chief election commissioner.
- He will assume charge on May 15 after incumbent Sushil Chandra demits office on May 14.
The Army’s Director General of Military Operations, Lt General Baggavalli Somashekar Raju, has been appointed the Vice Chief of the Army Staff.
- He replaced Lt Gen Manoj C Pande, who was appointed as the 29th Chief of the Army Staff (COAS).
Lt Gen Manoj C Pande, presently Vice Chief of the Army Staff, has been appointed as the next (29th) Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) with effect from the afternoon of April 30, 2022.
The Ambassador to Nepal Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as the next Foreign Secretary.
- He is set to take over the position on April 30, the day present Foreign Secretary Harshvardhan Shringla retires.
The centre has given the charge the Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance to Sonali Singh, Additional Controller General of Accounts, after superannuation of Dipak Dash.
On 28th January 2022, the Government has appointed Venkatraman Anantha Nageswaran as the Chief Economic Advisor.
- The chief economic adviser (CEA) in the finance ministry advises the government on economic matters and traditionally scripts the economic survey presented in Parliament a day before the Union budget presentation on 1 February.