Current Affairs - Appointment & Resignation
Lt General (retd) Anil Chauhan
On 30th September 2022 Lt General (retd) Anil Chauhan assumed charge as the country’s second Chief of Defence Staff (CDS).
- The post has been vacant for over nine months since the death of the first CDS Gen Bipin Rawat in a chopper crash in December 2021.
The Centre has appointed R Venkataramani, Senior Advocate at Supreme Court, as the 15th Attorney General of India (AG).
M. N. Bhandari appointed as Chairman, Appellate Tribunal under SAFEMA
The Chief Justice of Madras High Court, Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari (who is retiring on 12th September 2022) has been appointed as Chairman, Appellate Tribunal under the Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators Act (SAFEMA) for a period of four years, or till attaining the age of seventy years.
Liz Truss becomes 3rd Woman PM of UK
Mary Elizabeth Truss has been appointed as the Prime Minister of the UK.
- In the recently held election she defeated Rishi Sunak
Samir V Kamat Appointed DRDO Chief
Noted scientist Samir V Kamat has been appointed as the Chairman of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
India's IT Secretary appointed to IGF Leadership Panel
Secretary in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology Alkesh Kumar Sharma has been appointed to the inaugural Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Leadership Panel.
- He is among 10 eminent persons from around the world appointed by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit: 49th CJI of India
On 10th August 2022, President Droupadi Murmu has appointed Justice Uday Umesh Lalit as the 49th Chief Justice of India. He will take over the charge on 27th August, 2022.
Jagdeep Dhankar: 14th Vice President of India
On 11th August Jagdeep Dhankar was sworn in as the 14th Vice President of India.
Suresh N Patel becomes new CVC
On 3rd August, Vigilance Commissioner Suresh N Patel was appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, a year after the post fell vacant.
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is an apex Indian governmental statutory body to address governmental corruption.
Amitabh Kant appointed as G20 Sherpa
Former NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has been appointed as the Sherpa for G-20 Summit.
- Kant will take over from Union Minister Piyush Goyal.