Current Affairs :
Consider the following statements:
- Water Day is an annual UN observance day, which is observe on 21st February, that highlights the importance of freshwater.
- The theme for 2020 is ‘Water and Climate Change’ which aims to explore interrelation between water and climate change.
Consider the following statements with reference to the Teesta River:
- The Teesta River originates in the western Himalayas and flows through the Indian States of Sikkim, Assam and West Bengal before entering Bangladesh, where it flows into the Brahmaputra.
- The River originates from the Pahunri (or Teesta Kangse) glacier above 7,068 metres and flows southward through gorges and rapids in the Sikkim Himalaya.
Consider the following statements with reference to the Huntington’s Disease:
- Huntington’s disease (HD) is a fatal genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain.
- It is known as the quintessential family disease because every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of inheriting the faulty gene.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements with reference to the National Aquifer Mapping and Management Programme (NAQUIM):
- NAQUIM was initiated as a part of the Ground Water Management and Regulation scheme to delineate and characterize the aquifers to develop plans for ground water management.
- One of the major objectives of NAQUIM is to promote participatory groundwater management.
Consider the following statements with reference to the Coal Bed Methane (CBM):
- 1.Coal bed methane is considered an unconventional gas as it is held tightly in reservoirs and it requires special stimulation and technologies to produce it economically
- 2.CBM can be recovered from underground coal before, during, or after mining operations.
Consider the following statements:
- A State which is a Member of the United Nations but not of the Security Council may participate, without a vote, in its discussions when the Council considers that country's interests are affected.
- Both Members and non-members of the United Nations, if they are parties to a dispute being considered by the Council, may be invited to take part, without a vote, in the Council's discussions.
Consider the following statements with reference to the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana:
- .Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana (RVY) is a scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to BPL category.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme, fully funded by the Central Government, where expenditure for implementation of the scheme will be met from the "Senior Citizens' Welfare Fund".
Consider the following statements with reference to the Appropriation Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI):
- Government of India launched the ‘Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) Scheme’ by making amendments to Citizenship Act, 1955 in 2004.
- Individuals who do not have citizenship of any other country are not eligible to gain an OCI status.
Consider the following statements with reference to the Appropriation Bill:
- Appropriation Bill gives power to the government to withdraw funds from the Consolidated Fund of India for meeting the expenditure during the financial year.
- Under Article 114, no amount can be withdrawn from the Consolidated Fund of India without the enactment of such a law by Parliament.
Consider the following statements with reference to the Sunderban National Park:
- The present Sundarban National Park was declared as the core area of Sundarban Tiger Reserve in 1973 and a wildlife sanctuary in 1977.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site inscribed in 1986, and it has been designated as a Ramsar site since 2018.