Tribal Communities In India :
Consider the following statements with reference to the Bru tribe:
- The Bru are the second most populous tribe of Tripura after the Tripuris.
- They speak the Reang dialect of Bru language which is of Tibeto-Burmese origin, locally referred to as Kau Bru.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
With reference to the Konda Reddi Tribe, consider the following statements:
- Konda Reddis inahbits on the banks situated on either side of river Godavari in the hilly and forest tracts of East and West Godavari River.
- Konda Reddis have been recognized as Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Members of the Galo community in Arunachal Pradesh can recall the name of their ancestor from 20 generations ago i.e. right up to the founder of their clan. Now they have developed a Genealogical website for record-keeping, with some names hyperlinked. Consider the following statements about the community:
- The Galos belong to the Tani group inhabiting Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, besides Tibet.
- Galo community has been recognized as a Scheduled Tribe in the Amendment to the Constitution (ST), Order, 1950, Part-XVIII.
- Popir is the main festival in Galos which is celebrated for the prosperity of the villages.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, the Saharia tribe miners in Madhya Pradesh have appealed to the government to treat them for silicosis rather than Tuberculosis.Consider the followindg statements regarding the Saharia tribe:
- The tribe is classified as one of the 75 scheduled tribes in the country classified as Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups
- The Sahariya community considers every adult member part of a governing council which is headed by a Patel.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct? Choose the correct answrrs from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements about ‘Apatani’:
- The Apatanis are said to have settled down in Talley Valley for some time before shifting base to Ziro Valley.
- The Apatani women follow the custom of tattooing their face, which is called yapping
- Dree festival is celebrated by Apatani for the bumper harvest and well being of all human beings.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below: