Science & Technology :
Recently, the Supreme Court of India has directed the government to look into the feasibility of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) to deal with air pollution.Consider the following statements with reference to Fuel Cells:
- Fuel cells and batteries convert chemical energy into electrical energy and are very useful forms of galvanic cell.
- The fuel cell combines hydrogen and oxygen to generate electric current, water being the only byproduct.
- The most common type of fuel cell for vehicle applications is the polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cell.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Consider the given statements about the IndiGen Initiative:
- The IndiGen initiative was undertaken by CSIR in April 2019, which was implemented by the CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi and CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad.
- The outcomes of the IndiGen will be utilized towards understanding the genetic diversity on a population scale.
Recently, which of the following country launched the World’s First Ever Biometric Seafarer Identity Document (BSID)?
Consider the following statements regarding the newly approved Deep Ocean Mission (DOM):
- DOM is three-year mission aimed at exploring Deep Oceanwith major thrust to help India harness various living and non-living (water, mineral and energy) resources from the seabed and deep water.
- Union Ministry of Earth Sciences will be the implementing agency for DOM.
- India has been allotted a site of 85,000 sq. km. in the Central Indian Ocean Basin (CIOB) by the UN International Sea Bed Authority for exploitation of poly-metallic nodules (PMN).
- For DOM, a remotely operable submersible (ROSUB 6000) - capable of operating at depths of 6,000 metres, has already been developed and tested successfully up to 5,289 metres depth.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
Recently, researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad have developed a waterproofing material using fly ash. Consider the following statements regarding the fly ash.
- Fly ash is a fine powder that is a byproduct of burning pulverized coal in electric generation power plants.
- Most fly ash is pozzolanic, which means it’s a siliceous and ferrous material reacts with calcium hydroxide to form cement.
- There are two common types of fly ash: Class F and Class E.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct? Choose the correctanswer from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements with respect to Scramjet and Ramjet:
- Scramjet is a type of experimental engine designed for speeds greater than that of sound whereas Ramjet isn’t.
- The scramjet is an innovation on the ramjet in which the combustion chamber is specially designed to operate with supersonic airflow.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?