Science & Technology :
Recently, which of the following country launched the World’s First Ever Biometric Seafarer Identity Document (BSID)?
Consider the following statements regarding the newly approved Deep Ocean Mission (DOM):
- DOM is three-year mission aimed at exploring Deep Oceanwith major thrust to help India harness various living and non-living (water, mineral and energy) resources from the seabed and deep water.
- Union Ministry of Earth Sciences will be the implementing agency for DOM.
- India has been allotted a site of 85,000 sq. km. in the Central Indian Ocean Basin (CIOB) by the UN International Sea Bed Authority for exploitation of poly-metallic nodules (PMN).
- For DOM, a remotely operable submersible (ROSUB 6000) - capable of operating at depths of 6,000 metres, has already been developed and tested successfully up to 5,289 metres depth.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
Recently, researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad have developed a waterproofing material using fly ash. Consider the following statements regarding the fly ash.
- Fly ash is a fine powder that is a byproduct of burning pulverized coal in electric generation power plants.
- Most fly ash is pozzolanic, which means it’s a siliceous and ferrous material reacts with calcium hydroxide to form cement.
- There are two common types of fly ash: Class F and Class E.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct? Choose the correctanswer from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements with respect to Scramjet and Ramjet:
- Scramjet is a type of experimental engine designed for speeds greater than that of sound whereas Ramjet isn’t.
- The scramjet is an innovation on the ramjet in which the combustion chamber is specially designed to operate with supersonic airflow.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Consider the following statements:
- All bacteriophages are composed of a nucleic acid molecule that is surrounded by a protein structure.
- New bacteriophages assemble and burst out of the bacterium in a process called transduction.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below: