Agriculture & Livestock :
Recently, Bihar government has taken an initiative to help traders and farmers by selling Kashmiri apples through Biscomaun (Bihar State Cooperative Marketing Union Limited) and NAFED (National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited) at lower prices than the market. Consider the following statements about the NAFED:
- National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED), established in 1968, is registered under the Multi State Co-operative Societies Act.
- It is the nodal agency to implement price stabilization measures under "Operation Greens" which aims to double the farmers' income by 2022.
Recently, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region has inaugurated the North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited (NERAMAC) in Guwahati. Consider the given statements regarding NERAMAC.
- The NERAMAC Limited was incorporated in the year 1992 as a marketing organization in the field of Agri-Horti sector of the North-eastern region, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).
- It is continuously making all efforts for the development of the farmers of the region and double their income by the end of 2022.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Consider the following statement about Cotton Production in India:
- India is the largest producer and exporter of cotton in the world.
- Cotton is a rabi crop and needs 210 frost free days to grow.
- India is the largest consumer of cotton in the world.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below: