Upliftment Of Minority Community
Question by: Balak Nath
- The names of various schemes being run by the Government for the upliftment of minority community; and
- Whether the Ministry has allocated any funds to the State of Rajasthan particularly Alwar district for the upliftment of minority community and if so, the details thereof?
Answer by:Minister of Minority Affairs (Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi)
Ministry of Minority Affairs implements various programmes/schemes for the welfare and development of the six (6) centrally notified minority communities namely, Buddhists, Christians, Jains, Muslims, Parsis and Sikhs as under:-
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme, Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme, Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Scheme - For educational empowerment of students, through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme - Provides fellowships in the form of financial assistance.
- Naya Savera - Free Coaching and Allied Scheme - The Scheme aims to provide free coaching to students/candidates belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities for preparation of entrance examinations of technical/ professional courses and competitive examinations.
- Padho Pardesh - Scheme of interest subsidy to students of economically weaker sections of minority communities on educational loans for overseas higher studies.
- Nai Udaan - Support for students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), State Public Service Commission (SPSC) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc.
- Nai Roshni - Leadership development of women belonging to minority communities.
- Seekho Aur Kamao - Skill development scheme for youth of 14 - 35 years age group and aiming at improving the employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK) - Implemented for the benefit of the people from all sections of the society in identified areas for development of infrastructure projects with emphasis on education, skill, health sectors etc.
- Jiyo Parsi - Scheme for containing population decline of Parsis in India.
- USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) - Launched in May 2015, it aims to preserve rich heritage of traditional skills of indigenous artisans/craftsmen. Under this scheme HunnarHaats are also held all over the country to provide nation-wide marketing platform to Minority artisans & entrepreneurs and also to create employment opportunities.
- Nai Manzil - A scheme for formal school education & skilling of school dropouts launched in Aug. 2015.
- Hamari Dharohar- A scheme to preserve rich heritage of minority communities of India.
- Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) implements education and employment oriented skill related programmes as follows (a) Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Meritorious Girls belonging to the economically weaker sections of Minorities (b) Gharib Nawaz Employment Scheme started in 2017-18 for providing short term job oriented skill development training to youth (c) Bridge Course for madarsa students & school dropouts.
- Equity to National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) for providing concessional loans to minorities for self-employment and income generating ventures.
- In addition to the above, the Ministry also implements schemes for strengthening State Waqf Boards and coordinates arrangements for annual Haj pilgrimage.
Since 2014-15 to 2019-20, an amount of Rs. 291.14 crore has been allocated under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK) scheme for projects in MCAs of Rajasthan out of which Rs. 88.57 crore has been allocated in MCAs of Alwar district in the State of Rajasthan.