Parliament Q & A
Civil Services Chronicle Online, June, 2021:
Question by: Bhola Singh, Vinod Kumar Sonkar
- whether the Government has any estimation of the population in the country that is poor and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has evaluated the outcome of different poverty alleviation programmes launched during the last three years and if so, the details and the outcome thereof;
- whether the level of inequality has been rising in the country and if so, the details thereof along with the overall income, wealth and consumption inequality reported/noted during each of the last three years;
- whether there has been imbalance in development of various regions in the country and if so, the details thereof; and
- the other steps being taken by the Government to reduce poverty, inequality and regional disparity in the country?
Question by: P.R. Natarajan
- whether the Government is having any official definition and norms fixed for urban/ rural poverty line across the country;
- if so, the details thereof;
- whether any review has been taken by the Government on the norms and cap for poverty line; and
- if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor?
Question by: Gajanan Chandrakant Kirtikar, Arvind Ganpat Sawant, Dhanush M Kumar, C.N. Annadurai, Gautham Sigamani Pon
- the rules for conducting an agriculture census in the country along with the time when an agriculture census was conducted;
- whether the Government has recently conducted any census to ascertain the number and condition of farmers/cultivators in the country;
- the challenges faced by the Government while conducting such a census;
- whether according to the latest Agriculture Census about 45.70 per cent of the Net Area Sown is irrigated and if so, the steps taken by the Government to overcome this problem?
Question by: Ajay Nishad, Raja Amareshwara Naik, Sukanta Majumdar, Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo, and Bhola Singh
- the new welfare schemes being implemented for the minorities in the country along with the names of schemes initiated exclusively in the last two years;
- the funds allocated/released/ utilised under the various schemes during the last two years and the current year, State-wise and schemes-wise;
- the target set and achieved under the said schemes during the said period, State-wise and scheme-wise;
- whether the funds allocated under these schemes have not been fully utilised by the State Governments during the above said period and if so, the details thereof and Government’s reaction thereto; and
- whether there are some slippages in achieving the targets and percolating the benefits down to the beneficiaries and if so, the details thereof along with the manner in which the Government is planning to plug these loopholes for effective implementation of these schemes?
Question by: Pratima Bhoumik, Ranjeetsinha Hindurao Naik-Nimbalkar, Bhagirath Chaudhary, Devji Mansingram Patel
- Whether the Govenment proposes to implement any concrete plan to identify bogus voters and also check bogus voting in General Elections held in the country; and
- if so, the time by which it is likely to be implemented and if not, the reasons therefor?
Question by: Pankaj Chowdhary
- whether the Government is aware of the survey conducted by AIIMS regarding increasing tendency of drug addiction among the youth in the country;
- if so, the details thereof and the reaction of the Government thereto;
- the details and number of drug addicts in the country, State-wise;
- whether the Government proposes to launch any effective programme to check drug addiction among the youth in the country; and
- if so, the details thereof?