Schemes For Minorities
Question by: Ajay Nishad, Raja Amareshwara Naik, Sukanta Majumdar, Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo, and Bhola Singh
- the new welfare schemes being implemented for the minorities in the country along with the names of schemes initiated exclusively in the last two years;
- the funds allocated/released/ utilised under the various schemes during the last two years and the current year, State-wise and schemes-wise;
- the target set and achieved under the said schemes during the said period, State-wise and scheme-wise;
- whether the funds allocated under these schemes have not been fully utilised by the State Governments during the above said period and if so, the details thereof and Government’s reaction thereto; and
- whether there are some slippages in achieving the targets and percolating the benefits down to the beneficiaries and if so, the details thereof along with the manner in which the Government is planning to plug these loopholes for effective implementation of these schemes?
Answer by: Minister of Minority Affairs (Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi)
Ministry is implementing the following schemes / programmes in the country, for the welfare & development of the six (6) centrally notified minority communities namely, Buddhists, Christians, Jains, Muslims, Sikhs and Parsis. These schemes / programmes in brief are as under:-
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme: for upto class X.
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme: for class XI to Ph.D.
- Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship: Scheme for Professional and Technical Courses.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship: Fellowship for pursuing higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph. D as per UGC norms.
- Naya Savera: Free Coaching & Allied Scheme – The Scheme aims to provide free coaching to students/candidates belonging to minority communities for qualifying in entrance examinations of technical/ professional courses and Competitive examinations for recruitment to Group ‘A’ , ‘B’ and ‘C’ level.
- “Padho Pardes”: Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies.
- Nai Udaan: Support to minority candidates clearing Prelims conducted by UPSC/SSC, State Public Service Commission (PSC) - The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial support to the minority community candidates clearing prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions for preparation of their mains exams.
- Support for candidates clearing Prelims conducted by UPSC, SSC, State Public Service Commission (PSC) etc.
- Jiyo Parsi: The scheme aims to contain the population decline of Parsis in India. A unique scheme that aims to contain population decline of Parsis in India.
- Nai Roshni: An exclusive scheme for Leadership Development of Women to instill confidence in them by providing knowledge, tools and techniques for interacting with Government systems, banks and intermediaries at all levels.
- Seekho Aur Kamao: A Placement linked skill development program.
- Nai Manzil: A scheme for formal school education & skilling of school dropouts.
- USTTAD: Scheme for upgrading Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts, organising of Hunar Haats for marketing of such arts and crafts.
- Hamari Dharohar: A scheme to preserve rich heritage of Indian Minority Communities under the overall concept of Indian Culture.
- Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) implements educational and employment oriented schemes. Garib Nawaz Employment Scheme initiated in 2017-18
- National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC) provides concessional loans to minorities for self- Employment and income generating ventures.
- Quami Waqf Board Taraqqaiti Scheme initiated in 2015. Under this scheme, IIT, Kanpur, Roorkee, Mumbai and National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) Hyderabad have been selected for conducting GIS Mapping of Waqf Properties. IIT Roorkee has already started GIS Mapping of Waqf Properties in Haryana. National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad has started Pilot on GIS mapping of Waqf properties in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. GIS Mapping of Waqf Properties enables Waqf Board to detect encroachment and Waqf Board may initiate action for eviction of encroachment as well as development of prime Waqf Properties to enhance their income.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakaram (PMJVK).
- nded target groups and loopholes if any are identified and remedies made available from time to time.