Cabinet Approves Implementation of PMKSY
Recently, the Union government approved the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) till 2026 — a move expected to help fund irrigation projects that will increase water supply across northern India.
- As a part of the scheme, Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP), Watershed Development and Har Khet ko Paani (HKKP) components have been extended for 2021-26.
- It was launched in 2015 as an umbrella scheme that provides central grants to the State Governments for specific activities.
- Implementing Agency: Ministries of Agriculture, Water Resources, and Rural Development
- To provide assured irrigation to cultivated areas.
- To reduce wastage of water and improve water-use efficiency.
Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP)
- Implementation: Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Aim: It provides financial support to irrigation projects.
- Implementation: Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development
- Aim: To regenerate ground water.
Per Drop More Crop
- Implementation: Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
- Aim: Promoting efficient water conveyance and precision water application devices.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News