Current Affairs :
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development(BPR&D) is organizing a two-day National Conference on ‘Criminal Activities and Radicalization in Jails: Vulnerability of Inmates and Jail Staff and their Protection’ on 12th and 13th September.
On 9th September, 2019, a three day international conference on Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat (ANGAN) focused on Energy Efficiency in Building Sector commenced in New Delhi.
- Recently, the first Mega Food Park (MFP) in Telangana located in the village Lakkampally, Nandipet Mandal of Nizamabad district was inaugurated making it the 17thoperational food Park in the country.
On 7th September, 2019, theGovernment identified 130 wetlands for priority restoration in the next five years.
- On 3rd September, 2019, the World Resources Institute (WRI) with the support of the Rockefeller Foundation published a report - Reducing Food Loss and Waste: Setting a Global Action Agenda, highlighting the current scenario of food loss and waste across the globe.
- Recently, the Supreme Court (SC) agreed to examine a plea that starvation deaths continue to eat into the right to life and dignity of social fabric and a “radical” new measure like community kitchens need to be set up across the country to feed the poor and the hungry.
- On 2nd September, 2019, the 14th Conference of Parties (COP-14) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) started in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh with the theme ‘Restore Land to Sustain life’.