Government Policies And Interventions :
Recently, Railway Protection Force (RPF) of Indian Railways launched a Special Drive to identify and verify all vehicles parked in Railway premises, circulating area, parkings and even in the no parking areas for longer duration. Choose the correct name of the special drive from the options given below:
Consider the following statements regarding Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016:
- It replaced the Anti-Hijacking Act, 1982
- It gives effect to The Hague Convention of 1971 and not the Beijing Protocol of 2010.
- The key new introductions are the death penalty, life sentence for hoax calls, and a wider definition for aircraft “in service”.
- Till now there has been no arrest under Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016.
Choose the correct answer from the given code below:
Consider the following statements with respect to India Cooling Action Plan:
- Reduce cooling demand across sectors by 20% to 25% by 2037-38.
- Reduce cooling energy requirements by 25% to 40% by 2020.
- It will help skilled workforce for better livelihoods and environmental protection.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Consider the following statements regarding the Maintenance of Household Registers Bill, 2019:
- The bill was passed by the Mizoram Legislative Assembly in order to detect illegal migrants at the village and town level.
- The bill defines citizens as a person registered as such or having requisite qualification as prescribed under the Citizenship Act, 1955.
- The bill proposes to create 3 registers namely one for the citizen residents, second for non-citizen residents and the third for occasional visitors.
- President of village council, town committee will be the registering authority.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Consider the following statements regarding New Mineral Policy, 2019 (NMP 2019):
- The Policy proposes to grant status of industry to mining activity to boost financing of mining for private sector and for acquisitions of mineral assets in other countries by private sector.
- There is no provision regarding the private sector for participation in the new policy.
- NMP 2019 aims to attract private investment through incentives while the efforts will be made to maintain a database of mineral resources and tenements under mining tenement systems.
- The 2019 Policy also introduces the concept of Inter-Generational Equity that deals with the well-being not only of the present generation but also of the generations to come.
Which of the following statements given above is/are incorrect?