Functions And Responsibilities Of Union & State :
Recently, Maharashtra and Karnataka governments have agreed to jointly oppose Andhra Pradesh’s application seeking a relook at the Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal’s 2010 order on water distribution between the states. Consider the following statements regarding the Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal:
- The Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal (KWDT) was set up in 1968 under the Inter-State River Water Dispute Act, 1956, and presented its report in 1973.
- The report, which was published in 1976, divided the 2060 TMC (thousand million cubic feet) of Krishna water at 75 per cent dependability into three parts: 560 TMC for Maharashtra, 700 TMC for Karnataka and 800 TMC for Andhra Pradesh.
- As new grievances arose between the states, the second KWDT was instituted in 2004. It delivered its report in 2010, which made allocations of the Krishna water at 65 per cent dependability and for surplus flows as follows: 81 TMC for Maharashtra, 177 TMC for Karnataka, and 190 TMC for Andhra Pradesh.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements vis-à-vis the Union Territory of Delhi?
- Chief Minister and his Council of Ministers are appointed by Lieutenant Governor (LG).
- In matters of difference of opinion between LG & Council of Ministers the opinion of LG will prevail.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below: