Disaster And Disaster Management :
Consider the following statements with reference to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF):
- Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) was established entirely with public contributions and does not get any budgetary support.
- All contributions towards PMNRF are exempt from Income Tax under section 80(G).
In a bid to ensure seamless and effective dissemination of alerts and other important disaster-related information to the fishermen, the government has developed GEMINI system. Consider the following statements about the system:
1. GEMINI has been developed by jointly by the Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services, ISRO and the Airports Authority of India.
2. The device is designed for two-way communication, allowing the fisherman to make calls in case of emergency.Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, Drought-forecasting toolbox was unveiled atthe ongoing 14th Conference of Parties (COP14) to the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Consider the following Statements about the Drought-forecasting toolbox:
- The drought toolbox uses 30 parameters, including soil moisture, rainfall data and temperature data of the present and past can accurately evaluate the vulnerability of different geographic regions to drought.
- It has been developed by UNCCD in collaboration with Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) and World Meteorological Organization(WMO).
Which of statements given above is/are correct?