Indian Economy :
According to recent government data, growth of eight core industries has been slowed down to 2.1 percent in July, 2019 as against 7.3 percent in the same month last year. Considerthe following statements regarding eight core industries:
- The eight core sector industries consist of coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertiliser, steel, textile and food processing.
- These core industries comprise 40.27 per cent of the weight of items included in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Consider the following statements regarding the newly proposed World Trade Organization (WTO)-Compliant Export Promotion Scheme:
- The government proposed a World Trade Organization (WTO)-Compliant Export Promotion Scheme along with a production based support scheme to boost Make in India.
- It is one of the 100-days agenda of the Modi 2.0 government.
- The new export promotion scheme may replace the existing Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS) as the US has challenged India’s existing export subsidy schemes at the WTO on the grounds of its incompatibility with multilateral rules.
- It will be on the nature of refund of all un-rebated central and state taxes and levies scheme on inputs consumed in exports in all sectors.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?