Bilateral, Regional And Global Groupings Affecting India :
Consider the following statements with reference to the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC):
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an international organisation of six nations of South Asia and South East Asia.
- The organization functions as per the founding principles of BIMSTEC as laid down in the Bangkok Declaration of 6 June 1997 and directions given by the Leaders of the Member States.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
The first-ever Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Conclave of Ports is being held at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh on 7th and 8th November 2019.Consider the following statements about the BIMSTEC:
- BIMSTEC is a sub-regional organization that came into being in 1998 through the Bangkok Declaration.
- Initially, it was known as BIST-EC comprising of Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
- Nepal and Bhutan became the member of the organistaion in 2004.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, the Vice President of India attended the 18th Non-Alignment Movement (NAM) Summit which was held in Baku, Azerbaijan. Consider the following statements about the NAM:
- The basic concept for the group originated in 1955 during discussions that took place at the Asia-Africa Bandung Conference held in Indonesia.
- The first NAM Summit Conference took place in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, in September 1962.