International Institutions, Agencies &Fora :
Recently, the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) 33rd India Economic Summit took place in New Delhi. Consider the following statements about the WEF:
1. Founded in 1972, it is a Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Geneva, Switzerland.
2. Global Competitiveness Report, Global Gender Gap Report, Global Risks Report are some of the important reports being published by WEF annually.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
According to the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF), Special Data Dissemination Standard(SDDS) for 2018, India failed to comply with multiple requirements prescribed in the SDDS. Consider the following statements regarding the SDDS.
- The IMF launched the SDDS initiative in 1996 to guide members to enhance data transparency and help financial market participants with adequate information to assess the economic situations of individual countries.
- There are over 20 data categories which IMF considers for this report to capture a nation’s economic health including national accounts (GDP, GNI), production indices, employment, and central government operations.
- India subscribed to the SDDS on December 27, 1997.
Which of the following statements given above is/are correct?